In the world of email marketing: permission-based email marketers are the good guys.
They value the trust and privacy of each and every customer that walks through their door and thus, the trust and privacy of every subscriber that joins their email list. As a result, they have better open rates, less spam reports, and more opportunities to grow their business with email marketing.
Permission-based email marketing is the best route to developing long-lasting customer relationships that can drive repeat sales and valuable word-of-mouth for your business. And these practices also keep you in compliance with legislation such as the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act (CAN-Spam) and the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
Do You Have Express Consent?
Answer these questions:
- Does your sign-up form have clear and obvious language asking for permission to send the contact future electronic messaging?
- Does your sign-up form clearly identify the person, business, or organization asking for the consent?
- Does your sign-up form contain a valid mailing address and either a telephone number, email address, or web address?
- Does your sign-up form indicate that there will be a mechanism for people to easily unsubscribe at any time?
- Do you have a process in place to document this express consent?
Download Constant Contact's Best Practices Guide: